Thursday, May 26, 2011

On the last leg, homeward bound

Today was a day of very visible progress.  I painted the new cockpit floor with Kiwi-Grip, non-skid.  It went on just like the instructions and other reviews said it would (easy).  It looks great.  I just need to do a little touch up to make it look truly finished.  You apply it with a putty knife and then roll it out with a special plastic mesh roller cover, which gives it its texture.  I used a piece of a Scotchbrite pad to texture it in tight places.


I completed the eye-splice (using Brion Toss' method and tool - Love the tool!) on the main halyard and attached the masthead and halyard.  I also attached the new jib halyard and block along with the headstay and shrouds.  The mast is heady to be stepped!  I gave the boom a thorough cleaning including wet sanding with 400 grit and rub down with 0000 steel wool.  I it is badly oxidized in some areas, but it is solid.  All and all a really good day.  Not long now and she's back in the water.



No comments: