Monday, September 8, 2008

Scrub down complete

Sunday brought a beautiful Carolina Blue sky and the completion of the scrub down. Along the way, I found more gouges, scratches and chips in the gel coat. By the time I'm done with the restoration, I'll be a gel coat repair guru ;-)

Additional investigation into the delamination of the cockpit floor reveals that the boat does not appear to have a core (good news). I plan to cut out the top skin of fiberglass that has delaminated. Then clean and grind the sub-layer and lay up new glass with epoxy and finish with paint.

Next weekend, I hope to do the cut-out and grinding. Once the area is open and cleaned, then I will move the boat in the garage for the lay-up of the floor and the gel coat repairs elsewhere.

For my local friends following the blog, I will be tapping some of you to help with the move :-)

No comments: