Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hanna Delays The Weekend's Work

Hanna rolled through overnight and into the morning today. Dropping 4+ inches of rain. The winds peaked in the low 20s, so only some small sticks and leaves where blown down. All in all a pretty mild storm. I'm hoping to get back out and work on the boat later today , as things dry out, and certainly tomorrow.

The Overton shipment arrived on time and the merchandise is of good quality for the prices paid. Overall, I would use them again. They are power boat focused, so for us sailors, you'll only find the general boating and trailer stuff.

Next weekend, I hope to be able to move the boat off the trailer and into the garage. I plan to stack up bags of mulch to make a cradle of sorts to support the boat while I work on the cockpit floor and the trailer repairs. I have seen folks use sand bags for this purpose, but since I will need the mulch for landscaping later this fall, why not use them.

I will write more tomorrow. (I'm having trouble linking my Google Docs to this blog, so please forgive the broken links for now).

2 comments:

NightBacon said...

Hi - I am also restoring a '73 Tanzer 16, I was looking forward to your further adventures - how's it going?

- NightBacon

Chip said...

NightBacon
Thanks for the note. Progress is slow. Now that I have the skin of the floor pull up and the rotten wood core out, it is now a matter of time for the remaining wood to dry, and then I can relay the remaining core, and replace the glass skin and paint. It will be spring before she's in the water again.